Civil Project Engineer
Platinum Engineering Ltd (PEL) is a small, independent, electrical engineering firm located in Calgary, Alberta. PEL provides design, project and construction management services to the Light Rail Transit (LRT), Rail Systems, Utility and Industrial industries. We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our Overhead Catenary and Power Distribution team for existing and new engineering projects.
The successful applicant will be required to complete designs, work with or leading small groups of engineers and technical staff on various projects from conceptual development through to construction completion. The position reports to a Senior Engineer and will work closely with project managers, engineering staff, consultants and contractors to provide quality engineering and construction management services.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
This position would be responsible to complete projects or tasks as assigned on schedule. This includes providing engineering services by assisting or leading engineering staff. The following are some anticipated tasks:
- Develop, manage and coordinate project scope of work, deliverables, estimates, designs and schedule.
- Provide engineering designs and management services as required.
- Contribute to technical/engineering reports.
- Communicate and coordinate technical issues with internal and external clients.
- Participate in equipment and construction tender development.
- Review design drawings and equipment specifications.
- Coordinate with vendors for technical clarification and design changes.
- Monitor construction progress and implement project QA/QC procedures as required.
- Review and approve field change orders.
- Provide design and project status reports on a timely basis.
- Provide technical oversight during testing and commissioning.
- Engineer Stamp and Sign drawings produced by yourself or others working directly under you.
Occasional travel from Calgary will be as required for project requirements.
As the ideal candidate you possess a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university and have a minimum of five years of applicable experience. You are a licensed Professional Engineer in Canada and are eligible for APEGA membership.
Preference will be given for knowledge and experience on Rail Systems, Overhead Catenary or Electrical Underground and Overhead Power Distribution Systems. Your experience includes demonstrated skills in the following:
- Canadian codes and design standards.
- Interpersonal communication and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication and self-motivation.
- Organizational and time management.
- Project and Construction management.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and CAD software (AutoCAD and Microstation are preferred).
- Able to work effectively with engineering and construction groups to ensure that project delivery and quality goals are met.
We offer competitive compensation and bonuses, a comprehensive flexible benefits program and a non-downtown location that includes free parking. PEL is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Attention: Human Resources, no phone calls please.