Posted: April 8th, 2019 Closing: April 22nd, 2019
Submit Resume & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Platinum Engineering is a small, independent electrical engineering firm in Calgary providing design and project management services to the Utility, Light Rail Transit (LRT) and Industrial industries. We are currently seeking an electrical project engineer to join our growing team.
The Project Engineer will complete designs, working with small groups of engineers and technical staff on various projects ranging from conceptual development to construction completion. The position reports to the Senior Engineer and will work closely with project managers, engineering staff, consultants and contractors to provide quality engineering and construction management services.
The Project Engineer is responsible to complete assigned projects or tasks on schedule. This may include providing engineering services or assisting engineering staff. Responsibilities may include:
- Develop, manage and coordinate project scope of work, deliverables, estimates, designs and schedules.
- Provide engineering designs and management services.
- Communicate and coordinate technical issues with internal and external clients.
- Participate in equipment and construction tender development.
- Review design drawings and equipment specifications.
- Coordinate with vendors for technical clarification and design changes.
- Monitor construction progress and implement project QA/QC procedures as required.
- Review and approve field change orders.
- Provide design and project status reports on a timely basis.
- Provide technical oversight during startup and commissioning of facilities.
- Occasional travel away from Calgary for project requirements
You possess strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere. Qualifications for this position also include:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering and eligibility for a professional engineering designation with APEGA.
- Proven electrical engineering experience would be preferred, particularly experience on Utility, LRT and Industrial projects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and CAD software (AutoCAD and Microstation are preferred).
- Able to work effectively with engineering and construction groups to ensure that project delivery and quality goals are met.
We offer competitive compensation and bonuses, a comprehensive flexible benefits program and a non-downtown location that includes free parking. PEL is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted.