Posted: January 22, 2020
Closing: February 9th, 2020
Closing: February 9th, 2020
Submit Resume & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Human Resources
Project Engineer, EIT (Calgary and Edmonton)
Platinum Engineering is a small, independent electrical engineering firm in Calgary and Edmonton providing design and project management services to the Utility, Light Rail Transit (LRT) and Industrial industries. We are currently seeking a junior electrical project engineer to join our growing team in the Edmonton and Calgary offices.
This position will be required to complete designs, working with small groups of engineers and technical staff on various projects from conceptual development to construction completion. The position reports to the Senior Engineer and will liaise with the project managers, engineering staff, consultants and contractors to provide quality engineering and construction management services.
This position would be responsible to complete projects or tasks as assigned on schedule. The position will provide engineering services, assist and collaborate with a group of engineering staff to complete projects.
- Develop, manage and coordinate project scope of work, deliverables, estimates, designs and schedules.
- Provide engineering designs and management services as required.
- Communicate and coordinate technical issues with internal and external clients.
- Participate in equipment and construction tender development.
- Produce and review design drawings and technical specifications.
- Coordinate with vendors for technical clarification and design changes.
- Monitor construction progress and implement project QA/QC procedures as required.
- Review field change orders.
- Provide design and project status reports on a timely basis.
- Provide technical oversight and assistance during testing and commissioning.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in electrical engineering and eligibility for a professional engineering designation with APEGA.
- Proven electrical engineering experience would be preferred, particularly on Electrical Utility, LRT and Industrial projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
- Efficient working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint including database or flowchart manipulation abilities.
- Sound knowledge and experience working with CAD software (AutoCAD and/or Microstation preferred).
- Preference for working knowledge on ETAP and SKM software.
- The ability to build team relationships and work effectively with office and external customers to ensure that project delivery and quality goals are met.
- Valid Class 5 drivers and Canadian passport for occasional travel.
- Preference will be given to those who have industry related work experience, including co-op, internship or summer work. Personal Qualities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Speaks and writes clearly, listens effectively and conveys messages with transparency
- Acts with integrity and takes accountability for actions
- Ability to interface and collaborate effectively with internal and external customers at all times
- Works well with a variety of team members on project critical, time sensitive issues
- Eagerness to face new challenges
- Strong self-starter, with ability to work independently, and possess organizational and teamwork skills
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Platinum does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. No phone calls or solicitations will be accepted.
Resumes with cover letters will be reviewed that are e-mailed to: email@example.com Attention: Human Resources
Platinum Engineering Ltd.